To broaden and strengthen opportunities for positive development and participation in community life for youth.
- How to Apply
Before starting the application, you’ll need to gather the information and documents listed below.
- Organization FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number)
- Organization NAICS
- Organization Board List (Download also available from the Attachments section of the application)
- Letter of Local Government Support
- Organization E-Verify MOU (see the YOP Guidelines for more information)
- Organization Articles of Incorporation (and Bylaws if applicable)
- Organization 501(c)(3) IRS letter (if designated as a 501(c)(3))
- Applicant Certification (Download also available from the Attachments section of the application)
- Site Control – For Capital Campaign projects. Refer to the YOP Guidelines for information about acceptable documentation
- CY2022 YOP Budget & Other Sources of Funding – Refer to instructions sheet and the YOP Guidelines for more information regarding eligible expenses
To assist applicants, the YOP Team has provided the application's narrative questions in a Word Format. All applications must be turned in via the online Submittable platform. These Mock Applications are intended solely for the purpose of applicants to draft their narrative responses and should NOT be mailed or uploaded to DED. Any received Mock Applications will NOT be reviewed by YOP Staff.
- Program Document Upload - Existing Projects ONLY
Upload Program Application(s) and Documents
The FTP is a file system that allows you to send large documents that are too big to go through email. Sending documents through FTP can also help you save space in your inbox!
To upload a file, please click the following link and enter the username and password provided below:
Need help? Click here.
A notification email confirming receipt will be sent to the email address listed in the application within 3 business days.
Program documents can be accepted as either digital or original documents. If you choose to mail an original document, please refrain from uploading a duplicate. Likewise, please do NOT mail an original copy if you have uploaded the same file through this web page.
Any original documents should be mailed to the address below:
Department of Economic Development
PO Box 118
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Eligibility Requirements
Tax credits are allocated to organizations administering positive youth development or crime prevention projects that have been approved through the application process. Approved organizations secure contributions from their community, and the contributor receives tax credits for those contributions. There are 50% tax credits for monetary contributions and wages paid to youth in an approved internship, apprenticeship or employment project, and 30% tax credits for property or equipment contributions used specifically for the project.
- Eligible Projects include:
- Degree Completion
- Youth Clubs/Associations
- Adopt-A-School Mentor/Role Model
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Violence Prevention
- Youth Activity Centers
- Conflict Resolution