Implement community or neighborhood projects in your town that will strengthen economic development.
This program can help fund projects in the categories of job training, education, crime prevention, community services, and physical revitalization.
Program Notice (9/7/2022)
Round 2 of the FY2023 NAP application cycle is open, and the application is available on Submittable via the link on the “Apply Now” icon. Applications are due by 5pm on October 7, 2022.
- How to Apply
The Department of Economic Development is not accepting applications at this time. To prepare for the FY2023 NAP Round 2 application cycle, please review the requirements documents below.
- Organization FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number)
- Organization NAICS
- Organization Board List (Download also available from the Attachments section of the application)
- Local Government Certification (Download also available from the Attachments section of the application)
- Organization E-Verify MOU (see the FY2023 NAP Guidelines for more information)
- Organization Articles of Incorporation (and Bylaws if applicable)
- Organization 501(c)(3) IRS letter (if designated as a 501(c)(3))
- Applicant Certification (Download also available from the Attachments section of the application)
- Site Control – For Capital Campaign projects. Refer to the NAP Guidelines for information about acceptable documentation
- Program Document Upload - Existing Projects ONLY
Upload Program Application(s) and Documents
The FTP is a file system that allows you to send large documents that are too big to go through email. Sending documents through FTP can also help you save space in your inbox!
To upload a file, please click the following link and enter the username and password provided below:
Need help? Click here.
A notification email confirming receipt will be sent to the email address listed in the application within 3 business days.
Program documents can be accepted as either digital or original documents. If you choose to mail an original document, please refrain from uploading a duplicate. Likewise, please do NOT mail an original copy if you have uploaded the same file through this web page.
Any original documents should be mailed to the address below:
Department of Economic Development
PO Box 118
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Eligibility Requirements
- Not-for-profit corporations organized under Chapter 355, RSMo;
- Organizations holding a 501(c)(3) ruling from the IRS; and
- Missouri businesses (Special conditions apply. Please see the FY2022 NAP Guidelines for details.)
The Department of Economic Development (DED) will issue 50% or 70% tax credits to an eligible taxpayer who makes a qualified contribution to an approved Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) project.
- Individuals who operate a sole proprietorship, operate a farm, have rental property or have royalty income.
- Shareholders in an S-corporation, a partner in a Partnership or a member of a Limited Liability Corporation.
While many types of projects qualify for the Neighborhood Assistance Program, the Department of Economic Development is giving priority consideration to organizations implementing:
- Job training projects that: support the development of a well-trained, well-educated workforce; address the gap between available jobs and qualified workers; align training programs to the needs of the community and its businesses; and/or focus on high demand post-secondary job certifications; and/or,
- Education projects that: prepare underserved youth for post-secondary opportunities; increase rates of adult literacy and high school equivalency attainment; and/or provide early childhood programming for low-income families; and/or,
- Applicants submitting from geographic areas of the state previously underrepresented in NAP award share as compared to the number of individuals in poverty for the area. Please see the FY2022 NAP Guidelines for details.